Could you be earning a healthy income from a small area of your land? We work in partnership with our manufacturers who have chosen us to select and develop the best sites for their turbines in the UK. Farms, factories, data centres and depots are all examples of ideal sites for a wind turbine. If you own a 10 by 10m parcel of land in a windy spot that is at least 300m from the nearest dwelling, then it may well be a suitable site.
Finding the right spot for a turbine is essential and although wind resource is fundamental for a productive turbine, there are a number of other factors involved:
- Are the nearest neighbours at least 300m away?
- Does the land hold an environmental designation, such as a Site of Specific Scientific Interest?
- Are there any obstructions to prevailing wind like trees, cliffs, telecommunication masts? Are there airports nearby?
- Is there a connection to 3-phase on the site?
- Is there access for an articulated lorry for when the turbine is installed?
- Are there any archaeological sensitivities, for example ancient monuments or buried palaeontology assets?